Thursday, October 18, 2007

"Still Alive" Performed In GMod

For some reason, completely stolen from Jonathan Coulton's website, and given no credit:

Stay with me here, I had to look a lot of this up myself:

Some crazy fool called FPtje on YouTube has used the Valve Source engine and GMod (yeah grandma, that’s like, a sort of sandbox add-on thingie built using the Source SDK…er…which is kind of like a, um, forget it, never mind) to create a playable piano within the Half-Life environment, on which he plays along to “Still Alive” in this here video, seemingly BY AIMING AND FIRING HIS GUN. In theory I understand what’s happening here, but I’m not sure I would be able to explain it without reading from the post I just wrote. [Gee willikers], when did I fall so far behind?

Anyway, it’s awesome. As Mr. tje (or perhaps Ptje?) points out in his YouTube post, “It’s hard to play a piano with a gun!” I couldn’t agree more.

2 comments:

JimboJones said...

:O thats insane!!! I wish I could play piano that well in real life let alone in HL!

Falco said...

Hi nice that you put it on your blog.
I'm googling my video and see what comes up. Cool that everyone likes it :D