Thursday, October 26, 2006

The Mac to Pwn all Macs!



Do you get tingles down your spine everytime you think about going into your local Mac store and fondling the keyboard of one of those oh-so-beautiful Dual Core G5? Do you start to drool to think about plaing with one of those sweet Quad core setups? Well get ready to enter Mac Heaven! Apple has announced that they have plans to release a Dual Quad Core Mac. Ridiculous? I think so. I can't wait to see what they name it: Octo-Mac? Mac OS Xi: Octopus ? Fun stuff.

Either way, just consider the raw power this sucker could pump out. Imagine rendering a lifelike 3d image, in real time! Whoa! I can't even start to imagine that kind of stuff without glazing over just thinking about the ridiculous numbers you would be hearing. I'd be curious to find out how they manage the hand shaking processes. The amount of handshaking would have to be absurd, and will certainly bring down your overall processing power in the long run. When do reach that point of diminishing return? Or a different angle: Are we on the verge of seeing processors with virtually no handshaking lag at all? My god, the power of an dual quad-core set up if there were no limitations on how the talk to each other. Whoa! I think my head just exploded...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Classic equipment measurbator...
Let me see your portfolio of 3D models you have rendered....