Thursday, March 22, 2007

Wii Loop Machine


Via Joystiq- It turns out we are just barely scratching the surface of the possibilities the Wii has opened up. First we had the Wiisaber, allowing everyone who had a mac and a wiimote to play as Mace Windu for a few, embarassing minutes. Now we have the Wii Loop Machine, thanks to an up-and-coming musician named "The Amazing Rolo". This innovative and not-so-pretty application turns the Wiimote into a virtual instrument, controlling the pitch, dropping the beats, and all sorts of things. Check it out, it's pretty cool.

I've been tossing around the idea of getting a Mac for almost a year now and I think this coupled with the ridiculous amount of issues Vista is having, has pushed me over to the white and glossy side. MacBook here I come.

More from The Amazing Rolo:
What we Need
Hold Still For A Sec
Expatriotic
Oh Be Gentle Strut

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Getting a Mac? That's pretty cool, just wait until they come with the new version of OS X and iLife to save $200. (That's when I'm selling mine to help me buy a new one. Nice the way Macs hold on to their value so well. ^.^) And as much fun as Macs usually are they can be a little scary for long time windows users the first week or so. But then you'll be unable to live without OS X and it's single greatest feature: spell check as you type, ANYWHERE! :O

Austen said...

Well Leopard is coming out next month, right? That gives me just enough time to buy an external hard drive to toss all the stuff I want to keep on that and sell my old PC. Who knows how much that things' worth now. =/

Unknown said...

There is not release date for Leopard yet. It might still be two or three months out. <=/

Austen said...

Even better then, it gives me that much more time to procrastinate and argue with myself over what I should do and if I can really afford it.

Tamara said...

Which Mac are you looking to get Frank? Another mini- laptop?