Sunday, December 23, 2007

Wiimote Headtracking


Lately, I've been almost obsessive about the awesome things that Johnny Chung Lee has been churning out. First he pumped out the multitouch finger tracking. Then he introduced the Wiimote white board. (Which I tried my hand at) And now he's released VR head tracking. I have to say that I was pretty skeptical about this one, but after watching the video, I can't deny that I was REALLY impressed by the result. You really have to watch the video to understand what's really going on, but I'll tell you that the effect is shocking, to say the least.

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that we will start to see this technology used in games in the very near future. The ease in which this guy does this stuff is striking and the potential is, again, massive. Ducking and weaving while you dodge attacks and bullets could be a reality very soon. A new level of virtual reality is upon us, and it's available to you for free should you have Wii. Enjoy, because this is going to blow your mind.

No comments: