Monday, July 10, 2006

Microsoft Pitting Argo Against iPod, Nintendo DS, PSP


Finally fed up with consumer electronics manufacturers failed attempts to defeat everyone's favorite Cupertinonian music player, Microsoft went ahead and devoted a few hundred-million dollars to their own doomed affront to product usability. Yes, our good friends from Redmond have failed to learn from everyone else's mistakes by going with the one-up tactic. Instead of realizing that the reason everyone likes iPods is because they don't have too many things in the way of playing music, Microsoft believes that what everyone really wants is an entire XBOX in the way of their music. Codenamed Argo, their new device will be XBOX branded and released along side yet another service from Microsoft to compete with the iTunes Music Store. So not only does MS want a piece of Apple's pie, but they've pointed their finger at Nintendo and SONY's lucrative (more so Nintendo) portable game markets and asked un-politely for the pain. Keep it up guys. Self-destructing mega-corporations make for a lot of great blog posts.

2 comments:

Tamara said...

I love my ipod.
But I think it's a good thing that other companies make things like ipods. If I need a new mp3 player again, I will do what I did before I bought my ipod... shop around.
If another company makes something I like better, I will buy that. :) If I like the current ipod the most, I will buy another ipod. If no one tried to compete with Apple... they might stop making improvements.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»