Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Stuff White People Like... Are all gamers actually white?


So I was on my lunch break earlier today and I had on NPR (yeah, yeah. Laugh it up) and they had on a blogger by the name of Christian Lander. He was talking with Neal Conan about his "controversial" blog, Stuff White People Like. They started out talking about why is controversial and why some people were saying it was racist. And then they started talking about the things he actually blogged about, and the phone calls started pouring in. It was HILARIOUS! There were posts abouts everything from listening to NPR, threatening to move to Canada but never actually doing it, Mos Def, standing still at concerts, and expensive sandwiches.

And then two things occurred to me; (1) I'm freaking white! And (2), GAMERS are freaking white. I think about all of the conventions I've been to, namely PAX, and I swear, everyone around me is either white, or might as well be. What do you think, is it just me? Or could this guy's blog be named 'Stuff White People and Gamers Like"?

Linkage: Stuff White People Like

1 comment:

Frank Tinsley said...

Haha yeah I found that site through the qwantz forum and thought it was hilarious. Now I wish I had posted about it!