Wednesday, June 21, 2006

WNBC Today June 21 - Vincent Ferrari Interview


As a freelance tech, I have numerous occasions to assist clients in dealing with AOL. Whether this be canceling an account, asking why they upgraded the account with out permission or just trying to get the dang software to work. Once of the most dreaded times is when you have to talk to accounts retention. These people will do anything short of threats on the lives of your family to get you to NOT cancel the accounts. It is so nice to see someone record these people and out AOL as the techno-single-celled ameba it is.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, your not going to invite me to be a contributor....well, try and stop me coppa!

xto

Austen said...

wow that's absolutely ridiculous! Man if I pulled that kinda crap at my job, my boss would have me by the neck. We're like specifically told NOT to hassle the customer. They called US! not the other way around.. Eesh ! AOL, YOU SUCK!!

Anonymous said...

"friends don't let friends use aol"

spitzer said...

I wish I could say that I never worked for a call center (I was an editor for a survey center, I never called anyone, still, sorry). Eventually this job drove me nuts because that kind of attitude on the phone was applauded.
I had a similar problem with my cingular account, I wish I had recorded my conversation.

Frank Tinsley said...

Exactly what I imagined. A person doesn't try THAT hard unless there's some serious motivation for it and I'm sure that until this story was brought to AOL's attention that guy was regarded as a hero. Now he's out of the job for doing what they asked of him.

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»