Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Advent Rising team Making Ender's Game game


Your favorite author has teamed up with some game creators to create a game based on the Battle Room from Ender's Game. Is this Awesome? I say maybe.

According to this press release Chair Entertainment Group and Orson Scott Card are teaming up to release this potentially mind bogglingly awesome game across all current generation consoles, including handhelds and PC. All versions will be made available in downloadable versions. What this means for the DS version I have absolutely no idea.

Card himself has given the company his blessing, saying, "From the moment I started working with Donald Mustard and his team at Chair, I knew that these were the guys I wanted to do the first Ender's Game video game,...It's not enough to slap the Ender's Game name on just any game--it has to be exciting, memorable, and endlessly replayable. Chair shares my understanding of this and I am looking forward to working with them to ensure the game is as authentically Enderish as possible."

I'm cautiously optimistic about this project, but I'm curious how they're going to pull it off. Also, which 'Battle Room' do you think they're talking about? The one with a bunch of kids in a giant cube with zero gravity? Or the one in Command School where they're controlling entire armadas and blowing the crap out of buggers? Either choice could potentially be amazing. Here's hoping they do a good job, Ender's Game is still one of my all time favorite books.

No comments: